"Spoilt for choice - The London Stock Exchange's Markets" seminar
In June 2014, the Financial Services Development Council (FSDC) published its paper on "Positioning Hong Kong as an International IPO Centre of Choice". Among the recommendations of the FSDC was greater market segmentation of Hong Kong's listing market to enable different types of listed issuers and securities to be matched with the appropriate types of investors.
The FSDC made comparison with the London Stock Exchange (LSEG) which offers four markets (Main Market, AIM, Professional Securities Market and the Specialist Fund Market) versus the Hong Kong Exchange's two markets (Main Board and GEM). LSEG's Main Market is further segmented into three segments (Premium, Standard (equity and GDRs) and High Growth Segment).
With the dust ofthe world financial crisis finally settling and the world financial markets coming back to life, LSEG has seen a resurgence of activities. This bores well for Asian companies and funds as LSEG is the leading destination for cross-border IPO activities.
In this event, representatives from LSEG, Grant Thornton UK, Stephenson Harwood and Mazars will help you identify what LSEG has to offer to Asian corporates and funds looking to access international capital.
Content of the seminar
- Overview of LSEG.
- Key differences between the various LSEG markets and market segments with a particular focus on standard listing (equity and GDR) and the specialist fund market.
- The roles of sponsors, financial advisers, lawyers and rereporting accountants.
- Accounting issues in admission to trading on LSEG
- Interesting recent case studies
- Mr. Yi XIE, Senior Manager - Asia, London Stock Exchange Group
- Mr. Philip SECRETT, Partner, Grant Thornton LLP
- Mr. Voon Keat LAI, Managing partner, Stephenson Harwood Greater China
- Mr. Tim Wei YU, Partner (Corporate Finance), Mazars Asia Pacific
Thursday 17 July 2014
From 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm (registration starts at 4:45pm)
18th Floor, United Centre, 95 Queensway, Hong Kong
The seminar is free but registration is mandatory.
Please send your name, title, company and contact details by:
- e-mail to pauline.shu firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephone: +852 2868 0789